Third Class Engineer
Full-time at the Place de Ville property in Ottawa, Ontario.
As a qualified Third Class Engineer, the successful candidate will join our Building Operations team and be responsible for maintenance & repairs as well as the safe, efficient operation of HVAC and mechanical equipment at the Place de Ville office complex. The successful candidate will be able to work independently and make good decisions. The primary responsibility of this position is to carry out both operations and preventative maintenance in the First-Class steam plant, chiller plant and buildings at Place de Ville.
• Carry out maintenance and repairs to a wide variety of HVAC, plumbing and mechanical equipment and systems within the buildings, the central steam and chilled water plants.
• Operate and maintain a high-pressure central steam plant. Carry out routine steam plant duties such as the testing of safety devices, testing for sufficient levels of water treatment, etc.
• Operate and maintain large scale HVAC systems including air handlers, chillers, pumps and emergency generators, all extensively integrated into our building automation system.
• Work with contractors and suppliers to organize, plan and facilitate maintenance and repairs on building systems and plant equipment.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement in the operation and/or the design of these systems.
• Perform other related responsibilities as requested from time to time.
• This position entails both rotating shifts and weekday shifts
Full job description – Job Posting- Third Class Engineer
Toronto, ON M5G 1S5