For 130 years, Michelin has innovated to improve the mobility of people and goods. Today, we are setting the benchmark across every tire and travel-related services market, while leading a global strategy to drive sustainable, profitable growth. Michelin North America (Canada) Inc., which employs over 3,500 people and operates three tire manufacturing facilities in Nova Scotia, is seeking a Class 1 Power Engineer to join its team in Waterville, NS.
The Chief Power Engineer will ensure the availability and safe operation of energy equipment within the facility, produce and distribute fluids complying with process specifications, and assist users in order to guarantee optimized consumption of energy.
Job responsibilities include:
- guaranteeing the site conformity of legal registers, timely completion of legal verifications, respecting the regulatory requirements for air emissions, wastewater, legionella, etc., and maintaining the site regulatory conformity plan;
- ensuring application of optimized maintenance plans to guarantee compliance, availability, and existence of updated annual sustainability plan;
- applying the rules and requirements to maintain the safety of people, property and the environment (including pressure equipment, combustion plants, handling of chemicals, carrying out risk analyses and applying the prevention plan);
- organizing the operation and maintenance activities for optimum efficiency of the fluid production and distribution system, including predictive, preventive and corrective actions, monitoring performance and the condition of all facilities, etc.;
- maintaining the proper production and distribution of required fluids for the facility including the treatment and control of wastes;
- monitoring and ownership of the Energy dashboard, and steering daily/monthly/annual performance indicators for the site;
- managing the sector budget, maintenance and operation actions, and determining areas for energy savings; and,
- managing a team of up to 15 people, including team organization, training plans and succession planning.
Requirements for this position include:
- Class 1 Power Engineer certificate; and,
- a minimum of 5 years of boiler house experience.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing a team of employees within the facility, as well as planning and organizing all external contractors. The position will require above average organizational skills to ensure the facility meets all regulatory requirements. Strong attention to detail and customer focus will be necessary to guarantee continuous successful operation of the facility operations.
How to apply:
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one Word or PDF document. Candidates must clearly indicate how they meet the requirements listed above. Click here to view the posting and apply.
Moving Forward Together: your career with Michelin
Michelin truly believes that business performance and the professional success of our employees go hand in hand. Our approach to career development reaffirms the values that guide us every day and expresses the mutual commitments that Michelin Group has undertaken to ensure everyone is able to find fulfillment in their role. Performance and potential are assessed with a view to the long-term and training policies allow each employee to continue to grow throughout their career, while helping to drive the company’s development.
Michelin North America (Canada) Inc. offers competitive compensation and benefits, comprehensive training programs, opportunities for advancement and a workplace that values and demonstrates its dedication to diversity.
PO Box 300
Bridgewater, NS B4X 2X3